1. Any reference made to “Cape Point Route” below will refer to the registered Closed Corporation, namely: “Cape Point Route CC”.
2. By making a booking through Cape Point Route, you acknowledge that you have read, understand and agree to the terms, conditions, notice periods and disclaimers contained in this agreement.
3. Cape Point Route reserves the right to institute changes and/or amendments to any of the terms in this agreement on condition that reasonable notice thereof is given to the Customer in writing prior to the confirmation of such booking.
4. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that all information provided on the booking (including your personal information, contact details and arrival and departure times of the booking) is correct and in the event of any discrepancy to please contact our offices (Tel: 021 782 9356) as soon as you become aware thereof.
5. When making a booking, the customer confirms and agrees that he/she has the necessary authority to accept the offer. On payment the customer accepts these terms and conditions. A binding contract will come into existence between the parties with a confirmation email that will be forwarded to the client by Cape Point Route.
6. If the customer wants to change or cancel his/her booking at a later stage, a cancellation or amendment fee (which may be as much as 100% of the cost of your reservation) may become payable/due– please refer to paragraph 13 below.
7. Prices quoted are valid for 10 days only and are subject to unforeseen circumstances. The price may be subject to increase due to circumstances beyond Cape Point Route’s control (i.e. increase in the exchange rate - see www.xe.com, increase in the fuel price rate) or due to unforeseen damages that may occur before such booking has been finalised. The customer will be notified of such increase and/or of any authorization before commencing with the final booking.
8. Not included in the quotation is transport, lunch, dinner, beverages and/or gratuities unless otherwise stated on the quotation.
9. Cape Point Route undertakes to, unless it states a specific limitation, have sufficient accommodation and/or facilities available to accommodate the booking as indicated on the quotation. Due to the fact that there are limited accommodation and facilities available (especially in season) it is the client’s responsibility to contact our offices and to make a booking and payment within 24 hours from receipt of quotation in order to avoid disappointment. In the unfortunate event of an overbooking having occurred, Cape Point Route undertakes to arrange that such booking is replaced with a similar or better offer at the quoted rate.
10. Although Cape Point Route takes care to ensure that all information on their website, printed material and/or quotations is correct, it will not be bound to any price that contains an inadvertent and/or obvious error. If a mistake occurs in any advertisement, Cape Point Route undertakes to take all reasonable steps to inform the customer of the correct details. It is however the responsibility of the customer to verify all information before acting on such information.
11. All passport, visa, travel insurance and health insurance certificate requirements are the responsibility of the customer and therefore Cape Point Route and/or their staff will not be liable for any delay, expense or any irregularity that the customer may incur in obtaining such information.
12 Cape Point Route requires full payment in advance in order to confirm your booking. All monies paid to Cape Point Route will be held on your behalf at all times. The Customer may e effected by Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) or by secure online credit card payment. All online credit card payments are processed by the MyGate Internet Payment Gateway. Card Holders may go to www.mygate.co.za to view MyGate’s security policies. If the customer pays by making use of a credit card, a 5% surcharge will automatically apply. Should any refunds apply a 5% fee will apply.
13. Cancellation Policy: All bookings are subject to a third party cancellation penalty in respect of a no-show by the customer unless such no-show is due to death or hospitalisation. A cancellation penalty will be calculated by having regard to the nature of the booking, length of notice of cancellation and reasonable potential to find alternative customers. Having regard to the aforementioned factors, the following percentages may be forfeited by the customer due to a no-show:
100% Cancellation Fee
If cancelled within 4 weeks from the agreed commencement date of the booking;
75% Cancellation Fee
If cancelled between 4 – 6 weeks from the commencement date of the booking;
50% Cancellation Fee
If cancelled between 6-8 weeks from the agreed commencement date of the booking;
20% Cancellation Fee
If the tour or activity is cancelled due to inclement weather and you are unable to postpone.
*Please note that some packages / flights are non-refundable and since this is beyond our reasonable control, the customer will forfeit his/her whole deposit in such instance.
** Please note a 5% fee will apply for any credit card refunds
14. The Customer is hereby informed that Cape Point Route strives to supply a service that is of a quality that the customer can generally be entitled to expect. Failure to adhere to such standard must be reported to our offices so that the matter can be investigated.
15. Although reasonable care has been taken in rendering the most satisfactory service, we can however not be held responsible for any loss or damage beyond our reasonable control. Such harm may include, but is not limited to circumstances which are unusual and/or unforeseeable and are beyond the control of Cape Point Route, the consequence of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised, including harm/damage suffered as a result of war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, political unrest, industrial action; natural or other disaster; nuclear incident; terrorist activity; weather conditions; closure of airports; fire; flood; drought; re-scheduling or cancellation of flights or alteration of the airline or aircraft type by an airline and technical problems with transportation that are outside the control of Cape Point Route. It is further important to take note that there may be risks involved in joining certain tours/activities as arranged by Cape Point Route.
16. By reading these terms, the customer acknowledges that he/she has been informed of the risks involved and undertakes to indemnify Cape Point Route against claims for harm/damage caused to the customer/his or her property due to reasons beyond the reasonable control or unintentional act of any person, whether or not in the employ of Cape Point Route. This will include loss or damage caused as a result of fire or theft, or any economic loss pertaining to the harm/damage that may occur while making use of this booking.
17. The Customer agrees that no indulgence whatsoever by Cape Point Route shall constitute a waiver in respect of any of its rights under this agreement and under no circumstances will Cape Point Route be prevented from exercising any of its rights in terms of this agreement.
18. The customer is strongly recommended to insure against cancellation, medical expenses, personal accident, loss or damage to personal property, loss or damage to luggage.
19. All prices quoted are in South African Rand (ZAR) currency. If a customer pays using a non ZAR currency, the amount debited to the customer’s account will be as close to the advertised price as possible.
20. The Customer hereby agrees to the jurisdiction of the Magistrates Court of Cape Town for any action that may arise from this agreement.