Rustic holiday home from away, This magical family home overlooks Seaforth Beach, in Simon's Town
. It is a two minute walk to the more secluded Water’s Edge Beach, and is only a five minute walk to the world famous Boulder’s Beach penguin colony.
Experience it: Living Area
The decor of this warm, inviting, spacious home reflects the seafront location.
The Living Area is an open plan living and dining area, equipped with television, DVD player, books, magazine, games, binoculars & a Yamaha piano. The dining table extends to seat up to 12 people.
Near the back of the house is the kitchen - well equipped in catering style with stainless steel worktops & shelving & a 'chalkboard wall' for notes, messages, word games or creative expression.
The kitchen door leads to a small, protected courtyard that is the ideal space for barbeques, or a quiet evening
Behind the house is the garden and patio area with a retractable canvas covering to protect you from the sun. The conveniently located outdoor shower allows you to cool off on a hot day. The patio has movable table and chairs. This well-lit area comfortably seats up to 20 people, and is easily accessible from the kitchen. The gas barbeque can be moved to the patio or kept in the separate courtyard, depending on your preference.
Courtyard Bedroom (sleeps 2):
This is the only ground floor bedroom, and has a large window that opens onto the courtyard. Twin room with 2 new 3/4 beds, percale linen and built in wardrobe space.
Garden Bedroom (sleeps 2)
As the name indicates, this bedroom is located at the back of the house on the first floor, and overlooks the garden. 1 Queen sized bed, percale linen and built in wardrobe & Television linked to living room satellite stations.
Rooftops Bedroom (sleeps 2)
This small but comfortable bedroom is also located on the first floor near the back of the house. The window opens onto a view of red and green neighbouring rooftops, hence the name. 1 Double bed, percale linen and built in wardrobe.
Mountainview Bedroom (sleeps 3)
Every morning a gorgeous view of green trees and mountaintops greets you in this spacious, first floor bedroom. 1 x Queen sized bed and 1 single bed, percale linen, built in wardrobes & a comfy armchair!
Seagull Bedroom (sleeps 4)
This beautifully proportioned bedroom is on the first floor near the front of the house. Every evening at around sunset, scores of seagulls settle on the neighbouring naval field, their calls bidding you a good night. The afternoon sun that streams in through the west window can make this room very warm, so it is equipped with an air conditioner. 4 x single beds with percale linen and built in wardrobes.
Sea View Bedroom / Living Area (sleeps 4)
A magnificent sea view greets you as you enter this first floor room at the front of the house. Depending on the size of your party, this room can be used as an additional bedroom, sleeping 4 people, or as a living room. This room can tend to be hot in the afternoons, and so is equipped with an air conditioner.
As a bedroom, this room has 2 x single day beds with percale linen and 2 x 4-seater sofas that can be used as beds (linen stored in wardrobe)
As the ‘upstairs living room
’, this fabulous room has:
- A Samsung flat screen television with satellite connection
- A DVD player and selection of DVDs
- An X Box 360 and selection of games
- An Am/FM radio / docking system
Facilities and Amenities:
- Ground floor, close to the bedroom. Shower, toilet, cupboard, mirror & basin.
- Additional toilet downstairs
- First floor, near the back of the house. Shower, toilet, cupboard, mirror and basin.
- Adjacent to upstairs Bathroom which is identical except for access from both the house or the garden.
- Outdoor Shower, in a secluded niche beneath the stair.
Price: Available on request
- Close to beach
- Garden and Patio
- SMEG 5 plate gas hob and electric oven stove
- Upright refrigerator / freezer & Horizontal catering refrigerator
- Ice making machine
- Nespresso cappuccino / espresso machine
- Electric and gas kettle; 8 slice toaster & Toasted sandwich maker
- Excellent selection of kitchen utensils and cookware
- Crockery and cutlery for up to 25 settings
- Front loader washing machine; Front loader tumble dryer; dishwasher
- Iron and ironing board.
- Cleaning equipment and materials