Beer is the oldest alcoholic beverage in the world and Cape Town
has a very old beer history and is the centre of the Craft beer revolution in Africa. Join a half day beer tour around Cape Town
learning about brewing origins, history of beer in the Cape and enjoy beer tastings, food pairing whilst seeing Cape Town.
A bit of History:
Beer is the oldest alcoholic beverage in the world and have been enjoyed by ancient civilizations since the cultivation of grains around 10 000 BC. It is the most popular alcoholic beverage in the world and is 3rd most consumed beverage after water and tea.
There are hundreds of different styles and types, from all the corners of the world - mostly categorized under 2 types: Ale & Lager. The main difference being fermentation temperatures and the malts and yeasts utilized. Join us to try some lovely local Cape brews, handcrafted since the local Craftbeer revolution! (Craft beer is brewed in small batches, using more hands-on brewing techniques and small scale equipment.)
- We start by visiting the oldest Brewery in Africa and do beer tastings.
- Followed by a Micro Brewery to do a tour, Craftbeer & Food pairing.
- We finish with visiting a Micro brewer for more Craft Beer tastings.
- Total of 3 breweries & a Beer Shop
- Lager & Ale tastings
- Food pairings
- All tastings and 2 free beers of your choice
- An informal pool game
- Craft Beer and food tastings
- TOTAL amount of beer on tour: 2.2-2.5 litres per person
Central Cape Town only
Times: Tues - Sat: Pick up from 12h00
Cost: Valid until 31 July 2019
No email or telephone bookings will be accepted after 16h30 for tours departing the next day.