|The Toad in the Village
|A relaxed country pub - Noordhoek, Cape Town, Western Cape
Ronald Mustafa Ponsenby McGraff is the Toad and created his favourite pub with his business partners, Bobby Skinstad (a kind of famous ex Springbok rugby captain), Paul & Lindi le Roux (they own a little spot next door called Cafe Roux) and Dougie Boyes (Surfer boy and ex chartered accountant). The concept was to open the kind of place they would all like to visit - a relaxed country pub – hence the Toad in the Village was born.
“The Toad” as it is affectionately known epitomises a family restaurant- not only is it kid friendly with a fabulous area outside with grass for kids but the food is extremely good pub fare including pizzas to die for! We think you’ll like it!
The Toad encourages as much shoulder rubbing as necessary and will configure seating arrangements to your desire. Noordhoek Farm Village also has a large outside grassed area where kids can throw a ball or just have fun on the grass and the jungle gym and playground are well secured for the smaller ones within the safe surroundings of the village. The Toad is not a fan of the shopping mall experience so this is about as far removed as you can get from that!
And when it comes to food and drink The Toad knows what he and his mates want, so they made a menu suitable for all. The Toad is well known for extremely good pub fare and extensive range of draft beer and other beverages- try the Toad lager for example- a Mitchell’s micro brewery beer named after endangered Western Leopard Toad Ronald Mustafa Ponsenby McGraff.
Ronald is a central feature in this county pub – he can be found in photographs with the queen and Nelson Mandela. His pictures and life story adorn the stairwells at the Toad – read about his adventures tracking lions in the Serenegeti and being a guest of honour at Prince Charles and Lady Di’s Royal Wedding
The Toad in the Village - Selection from the Menu
- Thai Green Chicken Curry (mild): served with Basmati Rice
- Eisbein: champ mashed potato, sauerkraut & mustard sauce
- Prego Steak Roll: 200g sirloin on sesame roll with choice of mild, medium or hot Portuguese prego sauce.
- Chicken Schnitzel: bread crumbed with your choice of sauce
- Ribs: our best pork loin ribs in the country, specially basted & grilled to perfection
- Size Zero: (no mozzarella, the slimmers choice) spinach, rosa tomatoes, peppadews, avocado & feta
- New Orleans: BBQ sauce, chicken, bacon, mushroom, sour cream, spring onion & sweet chilli sauce
- El Scorcho: (it’s got chilli, the spicy choice) chilli beef mince, onion, red pepper, jalapenos & guccamole
- Parma Rocket: parma ham, parmesan and rocket on a margherita base
- Bella Tuscany: salami, olives, feta, rosa tomatoes, sour cream & basil pesto dressing topped with fresh basil.
- Half pizza Half salad: any pizza served half the size with a generous portion of salad.
- Lemon tart: served with cream or ice cream & summer berries
- Chocolate Ganache: in a sweet crust served with cream or ice cream
We think you'll like it!
The Toad in the Village
Village Lane, Noordhoek Farm Village, Noordhoek, Cape Town, Western Cape
Tel: +27 21 789 2973
7 days a week
Lunch & Dinner
7 Big screen TVs
Large groups welcome
Noordhoek Farm Village
Gift & curio Shops