21 June is the winter solstice in the southern hemisphere & although the days will start to lengthen on the way to summer, there are still some long nights ahead. Winter in Cape Town also means that the restaurants have fantastic specials and offers to entice the locals out of their winter hibernation. Cape Town is well known for it’s culinary scene – but combine quality with value for money dining offers and you have a winning formula! Happy Eating!
Hope you enjoy this list of Winter Restaurant Specials in the southern section of Cape Town for 2013. Please do check with the restaurant to ensure that special is still valid!
2. Big Burger Fest every day (closed Mondays)
- Family Meal Deal: 4 cheese burgers, chips & 4 cokes. R150
- Friend’s Meal Deal: 2 cheese burgers, chips & 2 cokes. Only R75
- Daddy’s Deal: 1 big Chow Burger, chips & beer. Only R80
tel: 021 783 2791 | email: email@example.com
opening hours: 08h00 – 17h00 Tuesday – Sunday
2. Winter Food and Wine Pairing:
3 course R185, 4 courses R205, 5 courses R225 each one paired with a taster of the appropriate Wine
Nitida menu 01 July – 31 July 2013
Heaters will keep you warm all winter.
tel: +27 21 789 1390 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
opening hours: Lunch daily 12h00 – 14h30. Dinner Wednesday – Sunday 19h00 – 21h30
- Starter: Warm pepper pod soup with rich chorizo brioche served on the side
- Main Course: Venison of the day served with cauliflower and anise puree, baby root vegetables and Shimeji mushrooms drizzled with coffee and molasses jus
- Dessert Drink: Decadent dark hot chocolate served with dark chocolate biscotti
tel: 021 791 9393 | email: email@example.com
opening hours: Dinner (Tuesday – Sunday) 18h30 – 22h30 | Sunday lunch: 12h00 – 15h00
1. *Grilled FRESH West Coast Rock Lobster (250g) & Crispy Calamari Steak Strips served with savoury rice and lemon butter sauce R160. Other sizes : Medium (350g) at R200 and Large (450 – 500g) at R250
2. *Two large Langoustines, Linefish, and Calamari served with savoury rice and lemon butter sauce R195
Valid for lunch, 7 days per week. Offer subject to availability. Valid till 31 July 2013.
tel : 021 7809200 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Opening hours Lunch hours : 12h00 – 16h30
2. Starters: Chill popper R45; Peri-Peri Prawns R65
3. Mains: Mexican Sirloin Steak R95; Lumb Knuckle Curry R105, Thai Chicken Curry R95; Spicy tuna Sushi Roll R75; Cajun Seafood Gumbo R115
4. Dessert: cheeky chilli chocolate brownies R35
tel: 021 790 0900 | email: email@example.com
opening hours: Monday – Friday 10h00 – 23h00 | Weekends & Public Holidays 09h00 – 23h00
1. Winter Warmer: Pasta of the Day, served with fresh bread & complimentary glass of wine. R90 (Available Tuesday – Friday )
2. Special set menus: 2 courses R120; 3 courses R160 & complimentary glass of wine (Available Tuesday – Friday )
tel: 021 788 6062 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
opening hours: 10h00 – 16h00 Tuesday – Sunday
Wharfside Grill at Mariner’s Wharf | Hout Bay | Valid until 30 September 2013
Winter Specials menu is out! All dishes under R100! Special is not applicable for lunches on Sundays or public holidays.
Starters: Soup of the Day R25 | Shrimp cocktail R30 | Prawns Tempura R39
Mains: Calamari R55 | Saldanha mussels R55 | Sirloin Steak R65 | Indian Seafood Curry R75 | Prawns Wharfette R79 | Solo Sailor Seafood Platter R99
Desserts: Cape Brandy Tart R25 | Mariner’s Brownies R25
Brand new overhead heaters to keep you warm all winter.
tel: 021 790 1100 | email: email@example.com
Opening Hours: 12h00 – 21h30 Monday to Sunday
A three Course Dinner ‘Table d’hôte’ with an award winning bottle of wine, overnight accommodation and a mini gourmet breakfast before departing the next morning with Chef Bruce Robertson at his home and personal kitchen in Scarborough.
R795 per person sharing.
tel: 021 782 9356 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Harbour House | Kalk Bay | Valid for July 2013
tel: 021 788 4133 | email: email@example.com
Opening Hours: Lunch: Mon – Sun 12h00 – 16h00 |
Dinner: Mon – Sun 18h00 – 22h00
Polana | Kalk Bay | Valid July 2013
tel: 021 788 7162 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Opening Hours: Lunch – Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays from 12h00 to 16h00 |
Dinner- Monday to Sunday 18h00 to 22h30
tel: 021 789 1783 | email: email@example.com
Opening Hours: Tuesday – Sunday 12h00 – 22h00;
Mondays 16h00 – 22h00
The Brass Bell | Kalk Bay | Valid June – September 2013
Winter Specials: 1 kg West coast mussels R115; Osso Bucco R85′ Free Range Lamb shank R135; Springbok Burger R55; Trio of Curries R85.
Specials served Mondays to Fridays except Public Holidays – these are subject to change.
tel: 021 788 5455 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Opening Hours: Daily Lunch / Dinner 12h00 – 21h30 ; Weekends and Public Holidays 11h00 – 21h30
Cape Point Route offers day tours, packages, accommodation, activities and car hire in Cape Town’s south peninsula in addition to teambuilding events in Cape Town. Call 021 782 9356 or visit www.capepointroute.co.za