Father’s Day: 15 June 2014
Life’s too short NOT to spend quality time with your Dad on Father’s Day. This year Father’s Day is celebrated on the 15 June 2014 in South Africa. It’s also a long weekend as Youth Day is on the 16 June every year. There’s no better time to think out the box and do something special with your Father this Father’s Day. Make a Daddy- Daughter Date or a Dads & Lads excursion!
Here are some of Cape Point Route’s suggestions for Father’s Day experiences from the south peninsula of Cape Town.
1. Father’s Day Dining: Lekker Boerekos Buffet: Simon’s Town
Treat dad and bring the whole family for a festive afternoon of delicious food, magnificent views and awesome entertainment. Live music, kids entertainment, magnificent views, cash bar and a mouth-watering menu PLUS a cozy large fireplace if the weather is foul! Free draught beer on arrival for Dads (& a cocktail for the ladies). There’s a lekker main course buffet with lamb on the spit, home-baked breads, bobotie, pumpkin fritters, rice, gravy,green beans & mushrooms, roasted potatoes & garden salad PLUS melktert, malva pudding & koeksisters for dessert! Yes back to traditional boerekos buffet.
Cost: R160 per adult and kids 1/2 price
Contact: Blue Horizon Estate, Redhill Road: 021 786 4013
2. Father’s Day Photo Tour: People & Portrait Township tour
Take Dad on the ultimate photographic experience! Get fantastic photographs in the informal settlement of the township Langa, the oldest township in Cape Town. Photograph the colourful shacks, the children playing in the dusty streets and drink home brew Unqumbothi beer at a local shebeen. Meet the locals as they go about their daily activities, and visit a Sangoma (traditional healer) who will happily pose for you while you adjust your ISO to take photographs of him in his dark and mysterious consulting room. Read More..
Cost: From R1,250 per person (half day)
Contact: Cape Point Route 021 789 0093
3. Father’s Day Getaway: In a Tented Camp Fall asleep under a myriad stars and awake to the healing sounds of nature. The picturesque and comfortable Hoerikwaggo Tented Camps are situated in unrivalled natural surroundings offering an ideal getaway with Dad. Each camp can accommodate 12 people – mostly in 2 sleeper tents. There are 4 camps: Smitswinkel Tented Camp, Slangkop Tented Camp, Silvermine Tented Camp and Orangekloof Tented Camp. All you need is your dad, sleeping gear and your own food. Campfire stories are the order of the day here. Read More..
Cost: From R350 per person sharing
Contact: 021 789 0093
4. Father’s Day Fishing: Hout BayGive Dad a priceless gift of a fishing experience and hope he has the skill to catch a Big One that will go down in the family memoirs. Now is the time to book as there is a fantastic winter special for a half day trip. You need a minimum of 3 people for the 3 hour fishing trip. Read More..
Cost: R1,750 per person (winter special)
Contact: Hooked on Africa 021 790 5332
5. Father’s Day Bike ‘n Wine Tour: Stellenbosch We love this as a day out with Dad. With a choice of distances, you can take a meandering cycle or an adventure ride through the Cape Winelands, stopping to taste up to 4 first-class Stellenbosch wine estates and riding through private farm roads with dazzling views. Read More..
Cost: From R550 per adult
Contact: Cape Point Route: 021 789 0093
6. Father’s Day Landsailing: Muizenberg Yes that’s right… where sailing meets the speedway. Take your Dad for an adrenaline rush when sailing on a land yacht as you race around the track in a compact 3-wheeled buggy. Read More..
Cost: From R150 per person
Contact: Blokart Landsailing: 083 658 8583
7. Father’s Day Wet and Wild: Surfing: Muizenberg Get wet, get balanced and go surfing. Learn to surf at the famous surfer’s corner. You can book a lesson or hire the gear if you already know how – but get out there and try and catch that wave. It’s a great sport for people of all ages – start with the mellow white-water foamies near the beach before moving out to the cleaner crisper breaks further out! Read More..
Cost: From R350 per person in a group lesson
Contact: Learn 2 Surf: 083 4140 567
8. Father’s Day Gems: Simon’s TownScratch Patch and Mineral world in Simon’s Town is a fabulous excursion for smaller kids with their dads. You can learn the difference between the semi-precious gemstones and take a tour of the factory to see how gemstones are tumble-polished and crafted into products- including some funky executive games for dads! Read More..
Cost: From R17 – R95 per bag of stones
Contact: Scratch Patch: 021 786 2020
Cape Point Route offers day tours, packages, accommodation, activities and car hire in Cape Town’s south peninsula in addition to teambuilding events in Cape Town. Call 021 789 0093 or visit www.capepointroute.co.za
DOWNLOAD THE FREE CAPE POINT ROUTE MOBILE APP