Mother’s Day in South Africa is on the 13th May 2012 and is a celebration to honour mothers and motherhood and the influence of mothers in our society. There is no single tradition and celebrations vary greatly. In South Africa we tend to give our mother’s flowers, greeting cards or take our mothers out for a treat on the day – which could be a lunch or a spa treatment or simply time with your mother.
TAKE YOUR MOTHER TO LUNCH:
Most restaurants are open for lunch and some provide a little something extra for the mother’s in the group. Some of our favourite places that are open on Mother’s Day lunches to spoil your mother include:
- Wharfside Grill at Mariner’s Wharf in Hout Bay
- The Lookout Deck in Hout Bay
- The Foodbarn Restaurant in Noordhoek. New Steenberg Winter Special Menu has started. 3 courses, 2 wines for R175
- Cafe Roux in Noordhoek
- Two Oceans Restaurant at Cape Point
- Sophea Gallery & Tibetan Teahouse in Simon’s Town
- Fish Hoek Galley in Fish Hoek
- Imhoff Farm in Kommetjie have an a la carte menu & chef’s special on the board at The Pickled Fish and offer breakfast, lunch, tea or early dinner at Blue Water Cafe – alternatively pop into the Free Range Coffee Shop for lighter options.
GIVE YOUR MOTHER A TREAT:
Our Mother’s work hard and a spa treatment is a treat that mother’s seldom make time for as a personal indulgence so why not give her the gift of time and TLC (tender loving care) in the hands of a professional.
Mushara Day Spa (Noordhoek)– Mother’s Day Specials
- A gift to a special Mum…R450 (Includes full body massage with a cinnamon and nutmeg back scrub and a pedicure)
- A Full Mum Treatment…R650 (Includes a full Body Massage with a cinnamon and nutmeg back scrub, Mud Mask on the back, Manicure, Pedicure PLUS a pomegranate treatment AND a Lash and Brow tint)
- A time for Mum…R250 (Includes a Back, Neck and Shoulder treatment PLUS hand and foot treatment)
Majestic Spa (Kalk Bay)– Mother’s Day Special
- 30 Min Back and Neck Massage and a standard Pedicure… R350
- Bring a friend (or your Mother) and pay only R300 each
TAKE YOUR MOTHER AWAY:
“Time out” is a much appreciated gift and booking a breakaway for a night out of the regular routine and administrative chores is a perfect way to honour your mother.
Mother’s Day 24 Hour Pamper:
Mother’s Day Special in Simon’s Town. Treat your mother to a 24 hour pamper session with an night’s accommodation, a 45 minute back, neck & shoulder massage and a full English Breakfast. A great way to celebrate Mothers Day in Cape Town. Valid 1 May – 30 May 2012
Moonglow Guesthouse Mothers Day Special – R395 per person per night
Take your mother to Simon’s Town to the gorgeous Moonglow for the night – price includes bed and breakfast plus a bottle of bubbly in your room. Explore Simon’s Town, visit the penguins or simply hang out in the comfy guest lounge and admire the view!
TEACH YOUR MOTHER A NEW SKILL:
Surprise your mother with the gift of an experience, like a photographic workshop. Let her learn something new and practical.
Cape Photographic Company– Gift Vouchers available for Mother’s Day
It’s easy to order a gift voucher for a photographic workshop. Call or email, confirm the price and date of an upcoming photographic workshop and hey presto – your mother will be snapping family shots in no time!
- Take Better Pictures: Wednesday mornings from 9am – 12 noon. Dates: 6, 13, 19, 27 June and practical on 11 July 2012. Mothers Day Special: R1500 per person (normally R1750)
- Essential Lightroom for Photographers: Saturday 26 May 2012 from 9am – 2pm. Cost: R450 per person
- Practical Studio Photography: Saturday 9 June 2012 from 9am -2pm. Cost: R450 per person
- NEW Workshop- Take Better Pictures with your Compact Camera: Saturday 26 May 2012 from 9am – 2pm. Cost: R450 -per person
Like us or follow us for the latest news, events and happenings in the south peninsula of Cape Town or join our mailing list to receive our monthly newsletter.