If visiting Cape Town and the Western Cape in 2015 we have some recommendations to ensure your dream holiday is exactly that – a dream and not a nightmare!
TOP TIP: book your accommodation early to avoid disappointment.
- Plan ahead especially if you are visiting Cape Town over a Peak Period and book your stay well in advance.
- Travel out of Season (if possible) – you often get better deals, fewer crowds & unusual weather conditions. Look for out of season specials
- Travel to lesser known destinations – get off the beaten track, stay and explore one of the villages in the South Peninsula of Cape Town
- Go with a Local- hire a local tour guide to show you around & get inside information.
- Staycations – explore your own city & book a weekend close to home!
- Try a new activity– learn a skill, try a new sport & be inspired and stimulated in 2015
Whether you are South African or living outside South Africa it is worth noting that on Public Holidays and during School Holidays South Africans will play and travel so accommodation, tours and activities will be booked up early. Plan ahead and book accommodation NOW! Call us on 021 789 0093 if you need assistance for Self-catering, Guesthouses, Bed & Breakfast or Hotel Accommodation in 2015.
Peak Holiday Periods in Cape Town for 2015:
- Valentine’s Day Weekend (Fri 13 Feb – Sun 15 Feb 2015): Book a Romantic Getaway
- Cape Town Cycle Tour Weekend (Fri 6 Mar – Mon 9 Mar 2015). Cycle tour is on 8 March 2015. Book an Adventure or an Adventure Getaway
- Easter weekend 2015. (Fri 3 Apr – Mon 6 April). Accommodation Options
- 10 Day Period from Fri 24 Apr – Sun 3 May 2015 (this includes 2 public holidays). Great time for Hiking Trail Package
- May Day Weekend: (Fri 1 May – Sun 3 May) Accommodation Options
- Youth Day Weekend (Fri 12 June – Weds 17 June) – 1 day’s leave gives you a 4 day weekend! Book a Family Package
- Women’s Day Weekend (Fri 7 Aug – Tues 11 Aug 2015). Accommodation Options
- Festive Season: Starts on Wed 16 Dec 2015 – 10 Jan 2016. Self-catering Accommodation Options
Public Holidays, Easter and School Holidays 2015
- Thursday 1 January – New Year’s Day
- Saturday 21 March – Human Rights Day
- Friday 3 April – Easter Weekend 2015: Good Friday (Friday before Easter Sunday)
- Monday 6 April – Easter Weekend 2015: Easter Monday / Family Day (Monday after Easter Sunday)
- Monday 27 April – Freedom Day
- Friday 1 May – Workers Day
- Tuesday 16 June – Youth Day
- Sunday 9 August – National Women’s Day (Public Holiday observed on 10 August)
- Thursday 24 September – Heritage Day
- Wednesday 16 December – Day of Reconciliation
- Friday 25 December – Christmas Day
- Saturday 26 December – Day of Goodwill
School Holidays in the Western Cape 2015
Cape Point Route offers day tours, packages, accommodation, activities and car hire in Cape Town’s south peninsula in addition to teambuilding events in Cape Town. Call 021 789 0093 or visit www.capepointroute.co.za