Experience the attractions of the Cape Peninsula, Cape Town, from the seat of a classic Vintage 1938 World War II Sidecar. Chauffeured day tours and transfers are available as well as self-drive options for the adventurous.
Cape Sidecar Adventures’ fleet consists of 25 classic Changjiang CJ750’s, a version of the German 1938 BMW R71 sidecar, manufactured for the Chinese Red army between the mid 1950’s and the mid 1970’s.
Chauffeured Rentals & Transfers
Catering for groups of up to 50 passengers, our qualified, fully licensed, tour guides/chauffeurs will transport guests on a variety of itineraries from short transfers to full day tours around the Western Cape. Ideal for overseas or local tour groups, special events, incentives, corporate teambuilding activities or just having fun with the family or a group of friends.
Valid from 1st Nov 2012- 31st Oct 2013
Chauffeured Rentals, choose your own itinerary:
Full Day (8 hours drive-time ex-depot): R2600 per sidecar
Half Day (4 hours drive-time ex-depot): R2400 per sidecar (excludes Cape Point)
Short Transfer (2 hours drive-time ex-depot): R1300 per sidecar
Rates include: Sidecar with driver, fuel, insurances, the use of our gear (leather jackets and helmets) and complimentary bandanas
Each sidecar can accommodate a driver and 2 passengers- one in the sidecar and one behind the driver.
Insurance & Safety
All our sidecars are fully insured for both passenger liability (R5m cover) and public liability (R5m cover). Additional General Accident cover is available at a small daily premium.
Terms & Conditions
1. All reservations, amendments & cancellations will only be accepted in writing, via fax or email. Quotations will be provided on request for any services not specified in the price list.
2. Cancellation Policy: If a confirmed reservation is cancelled, cancellation fees will be levied as follows:
a. More than 7 days prior to commencement of tour: NIL
b. Between 7 days and 3 days prior to commencement of tour: 50%
c. Less than 72 hours prior to commencement of tour (See Note 9): 100%
3. If a passenger(s) fails to join the tour/transfer, or joins it after departure, or leaves it prior to completion, no refund, pro-rata’d or otherwise, will be given.
4. Delayed Pick-up policy: CSA allows a 30 minute leeway with agreed pick-up times. Should the client’s group exceed this leeway, CSA can choose to either withdraw the sidecars & terminate the booking at full cost to the client, or choose to wait with an additional charge R100/sidecar per 30 minutes waiting being levied.
5. Payment Policy: Full payment is required in advance, prior to the commencement of the tour/transfer unless otherwise agreed in writing with ourselves